I have exciting news for you, guys!
My partner in crime, Sara Colombo, and I have been working hard to bring you a unique event which we are very proud of: the 1st International BxlTweetUpLab!
So what is this event exactly about? Well, it’s no secret there’s a huge gap between translation studies and the real industry, that running a successful business can be a difficult task and that you can quickly find yourself lost in a sea of ressources that all tell you what you have to do to become a better entrepreneur.
That’s where we come in! In this lab, we’re offering you the chance to pick up our brains and experiment fresh ideas that will change your perspective and allow you to go beyond the limits of this profession.
What you will get:
• Qualified professionals to work right next to you for the whole event
• Practical tips, hands-on experiences to think creatively and explore the translation industry
• A place where you make connections, experiment and get new ideas for your business.
• An inclusive, friendly atmosphere.
• Free chocolate? Nope. But coffee and gadgets are included.
What you will be listening to and taking part in:
• Blogging and Social Media for Translators: Sara Colombo will present you the benefits of having an online presence, be it on a blog or on social media (or both!). You will get to play with ideas and create your own vision.
• The Secrets to a Successful Networking: Yours truly will speak about networking, a topic that’s definitely too overlooked. I will give you tips on how to unleash your inner connector – and yes, even if you’re an introvert!
• Technology Tips & Tricks for Translators: Tech-savvy Raphaël Toussaint will share with you some very precious tricks that will help you improve your productivity.
Sold yet? The event is taking place on Saturday 12th, from 9.30 am to 1 pm at the Auberge de Jeunesse Jacques Brel (Salle Delvaux – Rue de la Sablonnière 30, 1000 Bruxelles). The conferences will be followed by anetworking session held in a nearby location.
For more information, please visit our Facebook event.
You can already purchase your ticket here. Regular tickets are 35 €, but if you are a student, you’ll only have to pay 18 € (don’t forget to bring your student ID with you!).