Finally a post coming from yours truly! Yes, I know, the last few posts have only been branding interviews and I’m really sorry that I haven’t had the time to write anything else on this blog. I have so many ideas, yet so little time to put them in action. But here’s a new article which I’m quite excited to publish: My 2015 Resolutions. As you know, I am a self-confessed control freak who likes to document everything (and make lists, lots and lots of lists!). I’m not sure if I’m the only one, but whenever the end of the year is near, I always get that feeling – you know, the exciting next-year-will-be-life-changing feeling. So in order to make the most out of 2015, I have set my list of resolutions and goals to achieve – and here they are!
1) Pass my Dutch level 3 exams in January and carry on to level 4 and 5. And maybe try to take the official national exam to get a certification.
2) Find a Dutch conversation table that fits my schedule so I can improve my speaking skills and get to know Flemish people (believe it or not, I may live in Brussels, but all of my friends are French native speakers!)
3) Get some professional pictures taken. This has been a long time coming, and yes, I would like to get out a bit more of my comfort zone this year.
4) Re-think this website. There are several pages and information I would like to add in order to make it more complete and things that need to be edited in order to make it more relevant.
5) Get some new clients. Well, that’s a given! But since I have fired my first client last week, I am more determined to find better-paying clients and direct clients.
7) Diversify my income and finally put my diploma in Teaching to good use!
8) Network more and take part in non-translation related events.
On that note, I wish a Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it and a wonderful and productive new year to everyone!
What are your resolutions for the upcoming year? Feel free to share them below, as I’m sure everyone would find a little inspiration in them!